Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Unintended

Bodies tangled under twisted bed sheets, clothes haphazardly thrown around the room, torn off in the rush of ecstasy that led us to the bed. Music, loud and fast, blares in the background as we roll around in a tangle of hot, wet, passion. Bodies, soaked in sweat and bursting with ecstasy pressed against each other- hot bare flesh pierced with cold beads of sweat. Kisses trail up and down bodies like a cold stream. His fingers run along the winding curves of my body, butterflies fluttering across the early morning, as the pace slows. Bringing the hand not holding mine up, he cups my face and brings his lips, full and luscious, to mine, hot and waiting- kisses me slowly and sweetly, a change in the tempo of our lustful tango. My heart skips a beat in anticipation as his lips part mine. His hand, warm and steady, slides its way gently towards the back of my head to softly grip my hair. I close my eyes and bask in the moment, absorbing as much detail as I can as the scene slowly fades- the weight of his body lifting from mine, the feel of his skin leaving me, the warmth disappearing, his lips press against mine in one last final goodbye. I open my eyes slowly and watch through tears as the scene before me- what could be- dissolves into thin air. The scene slowly fades away until he’s gone completely. I close my eyes tightly, hoping to fall back into the dream. With a deep mournful sigh, I slowly open my watering eyes. I’m left here alone, lying in the dark on my tear-soaked pillow. How the dreams are so much better than reality. The melody of a familiar song, one dedicated from one heart to another- one that wrenches at mine- plays softly in my mind, an echo of my dream, and he appears faintly before me again- a phantom; A bringer of love, sorrow, and confusion. “I’ll be there as soon as I can” I hear him say, a soft angelic melody softly whispered into my ear. “You could be the one I’ll always love” I whisper back softly to the empty room. I close my tear-filled eyes, the beautiful melody still playing in my mind, and pray that the night will be kind and allow me another visit from my unintended…

No comments:

Post a Comment